At the Headwaters Outfitters’ “School of Trout,” we offer fly-fishing classes for everyone! Beginners have the opportunity to get their feet wet and learn the basics of fly angling, while intermediate anglers can hone their skills or learn new techniques on the water with experienced guides who love to teach.
Join us and see why our Fly Fishing Schools are the easiest and most enjoyable way to learn this rewarding pastime!
"Fly-fishing is the
most fun you can have standing up." - Arnold Gingrich
Our 3 hour Fly Fishing Class
3 Hour Introduction:
cost is $125.00/ per person (limit 5 people per instructor) 9
a.m.-12:00 p.m., Monday through Sunday.
Each class will cover:
• Intro to Tackle- including fly
rods, reels, line, leader and “tippet.”
• Three knots you need to know.
• A basic introduction to aquatic insects found on local streams
• How to select flies to “match the hatch”
• Casting. Students will learn to execute a roll cast, overhead
cast and bow-and-arrow cast.
• Reading water: learn where trout hold and feed in the stream