- This event has passed.
Colors of Fall Guided Camping Trip
October 14, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - October 15, 2017 @ 12:00 pm
This is just like our “Colors of Fall” guided paddle trip, except it includes an overnight camp-out and more!
ADVANCE RESERVATION & DEPOSIT REQUIRED
$125 per person. Max of 10 participants.
Our Color of Fall Guided Canoe Trip fills up rapidly and months in advance. Each river trip is limited to 10 persons – 5 canoes. Prior canoeing experience is helpful, but not necessary.
Looking for a great way to spend some family time in the great outdoors or perhaps a quick weekend getaway? Come for a guided canoe camping overnight trip on the French Broad River.
A canoe camping trip with Headwaters Outfitters, on the scenic French Broad River, is the perfect way to get outdoors and introduce your friends and family to the joys of canoe camping. Fall asleep to the soothing sounds of the river, then wake up to the smell of woodsmoke, coffee, and frying bacon.
We make it easy for you by providing all the essential paddling gear, food, as well as transport to and from the river, all along with our Head Paddle Guide to provide hospitality and lead the way. You can even set up your campsite before you get on the water! Now is the time to discover our guided overnight canoe camping trip in the mountains of Western NC.
Headwaters Outfitters offers a scenic 8 mile/ 3 hour paddle down the first section of the French Broad River. Our Head Paddle Guide will lead you through some of the prettiest historical scenery to be found in Western North Carolina; past old homesteads, farm fields and woods.
BRING YOUR CAMPING GEAR AND LEAVE THE REST TO US!
CAMPING AREA INCLUDES:
Multiple tent sites, picnic tables, grills, lantern holders and fire rings.
Central drinking water is available as well as a port-a-john.
PADDLE AND CAMPING TRIP DAY ONE:
8 mile/3 hour paddle to our privately owned campground at Hannah Ford
1. (12:00 PM) Arrive at Headwaters Outfitters’ river shop to complete pre-trip check in. Everyone will need to read and complete a release form.
2. For your convenience, you may then drive your vehicle to the campground to your canoe camping campsite! You can set up camp before getting on the river. Folks love this! Please note, your vehicle must remain at the river shop while you are on the river. Upon completion of your guided river trip, you may return to the campground with your vehicle to gather your gear.
3. Once your campsite is set up, you return to the river shop no later than 1:30, dressed in your river clothes and ready to get on the water by 2 p.m.
4. Everyone will be outfitted with all paddling gear, which includes life jackets, paddles and canoes.
5. We then depart via our vans on a short 1-mile drive to our private river access in Rosman, NC. After reviewing some river paddling and safety techniques, you launch your canoes and are with your guide to paddle three hours downstream to Hannah Ford River canoe-in campground.
6. Arrive at Hannah Ford and spend the evening around the campfire while your paddle guide cooks a campfire dinner for whole group!
PADDLE AND CAMPING TRIP DAY TWO:
2 mile/1 hour paddle to Island Ford
On day two of your adventure wake up to the sounds of the river! The guide will have coffee and breakfast in the morining for the group before the groups last departure on the river. After breakfast you will have a short 2-mile, 1-hour paddle before meeting our river host at the take-out.
Once the group arrives back to the shop, where personal vehicles are left, individuals can return to the campground to breakdown personal campsite and collect gear.
TRIP FEES INCLUDE:
Paddle Guide for trip, dinner & breakfast, bundle of firewood for each site, canoe (kayak can be offered if preferred or paddling solo), life jacket, paddle, shuttle service to and from the river, a river map, river information & safety orientation, parking at shop, use of facilities at Hannah Ford.
-This will be a BYOB trip.
-Campfire food is provided by paddle guide (TBD), important dietary/allergy needs must be informed through reservation to accomadate individuals.
IMPORTANT CANOE/KAYAK CAMPING INFORMATION
• This is a paddle-in only camping area. No vehicle parking allowed.
• Please NO illegal drugs.
• Campers are responsible for all gear.
• Pack out everything you bring, including trash.
• We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
Hannah Ford River Access is private property of Headwaters Outfitters and is the location of our canoe-in camping facilities. It is available by river to our guests, only by reservation.
To get the most out of your trip we ask that you review our river policies, FAQ, and river tips information.