Champion Park Access, where most folks begin their river trip, is ½ mile from our River Shop. The one half mile paddle before Champion Park is shallow, rocky, and has some tricky places to maneuver for the beginning paddler.
We often have requests to offer shuttle service beginning at different put-in locations other than Champion Park. In the right hand column there are possible scenarios and the applicable shuttle fee. Reservations are required, however we will service walk-ins upon availability.
- Confirm your reservation
- Arrive at the river shop to complete check-in
- After check-in you drive to your put in location, unload all your paddle gear and anything you want with you on the river
- A Headwaters van will arrive at your put in location at the time we arranged with you during check in
- You will then leave all members of the paddling party, except vehicle drivers (youth should be supervised) with the gear at the launch site
- The drivers then follow us, in your vehicle(s), to the access where you plan to take out. You leave your vehicle at the take-out; our driver will shuttle you back to your designated launch site in our van.
Popular Shuttle Destination and Prices
Lyons Mountain Access- Rosman, NC- $20.00
Island Ford Access- Brevard, NC- $30.00
Hap Simpson Acess- Brevard, NC- $45.00
Wilson Road Access- Pisgah Forest, NC- $50.00
Penrose Access- Pisgah Forest, NC- $60.00
Blantyre River Access- Horse Shoe, NC- $60.00
Westfeldt Park River Access- Mills River, NC- $75.00
Asheville River Accesses start at $100.00